The New Modern Home (TNMH) in Allen, TX builds modern-style luxury homes with an attention to environmentally-friendly design. Quality and value of our construction is unmatched in the industry. TNMH is looking for a full-time Mechanical Engineer to help build energy-free modern homes. The Mechanical Engineer will manage projects from entitlements through construction.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a passion for ‘saving the environment’ and promote our green homes
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering required
- Three years of Mechanical Engineering experience with residential homes
- Two years of building maintenance experience
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations for various maintenance projects
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to read and understand various written communications, work orders, repair manuals and instructions in English
- Ability to communicate verbally over the phone and in person with internal and external customers in English
- Ability to communicate in writing in order to provide maintenance reports and complete work orders and assignments in English
- Ability to work flexible schedule based on operational needs
- Must be willing and able to assist others inside and outside the team
- Possess a positive service oriented attitude toward our clients, our employees, and our company
- Conduct daily walk-through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance of physical structure(s) of our homes, all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, H.V.A.C and related equipments
- Ensure that all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and related equipments are functional with maximum energy conservation
- Implement scheduled preventative maintenance programs adhering to city specifications and standards in repairing, servicing, inspecting, testing, and maintenance of fixtures and equipments
- Manage incidences of equipment or system failure
- Deliver or pick up various parts and machinery during the house building process
- Observe O.S.H.A. health and safety rules and regulations
- Ensure that all work done is in accordance with jurisdictional codes as well as manufacturer’s recommendations
- Report and act upon any unsafe acts, conditions, and injuries promptly
- Adhere at all times to the highest standards of professional, personal, and ethical conduct, as well as, policies and procedures
- Assist with the development and implementation of various emergency response procedures and training as required to meet all applicable state and federal laws
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Salary – Annual salary is determined based on experience and skills.
- Shares – There is an opportunity to earn shares based upon personal and company performance.
- Vacation – Five days of paid time off in addition to five company holidays per year.
- Health Insurance – Opportunity to sign up for a health insurance through TNMH.
- Working hours – Usual work hours are from 8 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday in our office in Allen, TX. When visiting job sites, protective clothing such as a hard hat and boots are required.
- Contact – Please email resume, portfolio, and a cover letter to email@example.com