The New Modern Home (TNMH) in Allen, TX builds modern-style luxury homes with an attention to environmentally-friendly design. Quality and value of our construction are unmatched in the industry. The New Modern Home is looking for a full-time Land Developer to help build lots for our energy-free modern single-family homes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management preferred
- 3 years of prior land development experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Organization, prioritization, follow-up, and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to cooperate and contribute as part of a team
- Must be energetic and have the ability to motivate others
- Committed to personal growth, continual process improvement and team development
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables in situations where only a limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in writing, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Help in land acquisition for building single-family residential homes for TNMH
- Guide the acquisition and planning of land in new and existing markets
- Develop lots from large tracts
- Provide takeoffs, estimates, preliminary budget, contract unit cost databases and surety databases for land development projects
- Minimize the cost and time associated with site improvement
- Work closely with City and County Government Officials for all permits, codes etc.
- Supervise and coordinate all outside contractors involved in the building of the infrastructure to include mass grading, sanitary sewer, storm drains, water lines, paving and streetlights
- Supervise Erosion Control Compliance
- Assist with land budgets and cash flows
- Assist with bond reductions and release
- Assist with the preparation and administration of offsite contracts and change orders
- Assist with the coordination of civil, soils, landscape, environmental consultants and Engineers
- Work with Project Managers on road and infrastructure construction
- Use skills in feasibility analysis, value engineering, cash flow analysis, and other construction management skills to manage site improvement projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Salary – Annual salary is determined based on experience and skills.
- Shares – There is an opportunity to earn shares based upon personal and company performance.
- Vacation – Five days of paid time off in addition to five company holidays per year.
- Health Insurance – Opportunity to sign up for a health insurance through TNMH.
- Working hours – Usual work hours are from 8 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday in our office in Allen, TX. When visiting job sites, protective clothing such as a hard hat and boots are required.
- Contact – Please email resume, portfolio, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org