The New Modern Home (TNMH) in Allen, TX builds modern-style luxury homes with an attention to environmentally-friendly design. Quality and value of our construction is unmatched in the industry. TNMH is looking for a full-time Assets Accountant. The Assets Accountant will partner closely with various business units such as, Purchaser, Engineer, Architects, and Project Managers to review, analyze, and implement standards that directly impact capital assets/fixed assets accounting.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 3 years of asset accounting experience in real estate
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Record the cost of newly-acquired fixed asset (both tangible and intangible)
- Accounting work for the disposition of fixed assets
- Maintain all aspects of Fixed Asset Accounting and Reporting
- Review fixed assets purchase requests
- Record and review fixed assets disposition in the system
- Reconcile fixed asset sub-ledger vs. general ledger and prepare fixed assets roll-forward
- Perform various fixed assets analyses (depreciation reasonableness, mid-month review, fluctuation analysis)
- Facilitate physical inventory count
- Provide audit support (i.e. pull relevant fixed assets support and address various inquiries)
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Calculate asset retirement obligations (ARO) for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Prepare property tax returns
- Represent the company during any audits by a government that involve fixed assets
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Salary – Annual salary is determined based on experience and skills.
- Shares – There is an opportunity to earn shares based upon personal and company performance.
- Vacation – Five days of paid time off in addition to five company holidays per year.
- Health Insurance – Opportunity to sign up for a health insurance through TNMH.
- Working hours – Usual work hours are from 8 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday in our office in Allen, TX. When visiting job sites, protective clothing such as a hard hat and boots are required.
- Contact – Please email resume, portfolio, and a cover letter to email@example.com